Audits and Field Approvals
Whether it’s a new installation or approval of existing process combustion equipment Blackhawk can guide you through the approval process. In cases where you may want old equipment approved we will gladly look at your system and help you understand what must be done to bring it up to the current codes. This includes providing funding estimates to qualify the most cost effective, and timely methods to bring your appliance up to code and receive an approval.
Blackhawk is also happy to provide:
- a review of your Burners, Boilers and other fuel burning equipment including all fuel handling equipment to the relevant TSSA implemented codes
- life expectancy of the equipment involved
- life cycle costing
- approval estimates for control changes
For minor projects, a Blackhawk technician with the appropriate gas or oil certifications will perform the on-site work and relatively straightforward approvals. Our professional engineer will be involved for large scale projects with involved submissions, including variances and logic system design (PLC or DCS), and/or requiring a professional engineers stamp for one-of-a-kind situations.
Blackhawk regularly seeks and obtains variances to continue operation based on developing a plan and schedule to upgrade the combustion equipment at a later date. Later, TSSA inspectors and our technicians test and validate the safe operation of the current installation until the necessary changes are made.
Our Recent Projects
- Vale / Inco, Oxygen-fuel fired reactor - TSSA fuels approval
- Hendrickson Spring, Heat treat furnaces – TSSA fuels approval
- Gerdau Steel, Ladle dryers - TSSA fuels approval
- Several hot asphalt producer rotary dryers - TSSA fuels approval
- Vale / Inco, Oxygen-fuel fired nickel top blown converter – TSSA fuels approval
- Gerdau Steel, High pressure large volume oxygen supply piping system – TSSA boiler and pressure vessel approval