Blackhawk Combustioneering has been serving the industrial combustion industry in Ontario since 1969.
Our combustion experts were the first to develop the programming and installation of a safety PLC on an oxyfuel (FARCS) system on a top-blown rotary converter for metal processing in Canada.
When you work with Blackhawk Combustioneering, you’re working with the support and resources of our experienced staff: managers, engineers and G1 combustion technicians with many years of combustion service experience.
Meet our Management Team
Doug Whitelaw – Manager, Combustion/Instrumentation
A Combustion Expert Technician with a TSSA G-1 Certificate, as well as a licensed electrician, Doug has 40 years of experience installing and servicing various types of industrial burner systems and controls throughout North America including:
- Process combustion systems for the asphalt, steel, automotive and aluminum industries
- Industrial instrumentation, PLC programming, service and repair of pneumatic control systems
- Aggregate dryer and bag house issues
- Hot oil heater repair and piping layout
- Conversions of oil firing equipment to natural gas, liquid propane
- Installation and service of mass flow combustion systems for use on oxy/fuel EAF furnace burners in the steel industry
- Installation and commissioning of linkageless control systems used to control fuel/air ratio on large burners over 100 million BTU/hr
- Autocad drawings for TSSA approvals
George Faulkner, P. Eng. – Senior Combustion Engineer
A registered Ontario Professional Engineer, George received his Bachelor of Chemical Engineering from McMaster University in 1979 and completed the Metallurgy of Iron and Steel program at McMaster University in 2011.
George gained his combustion solutions experience while working for Coen Co at their Quebec and Northern California locations. He has provided application engineering using a variety of fuels on projects from single burner/boiler or kiln to multi-fired unit applications. George gained additional combustion experience in Duct burner firing while working for Davis Combustion Systems (Forney), which provided Duct burners for gas turbine gen sets. As engineering manager at Lattner Boiler, an ASME certified manufacturer, George gained experience in high pressure steam and hot water boiler applications and boiler controls. Under this assignment he designed, to ASME code, a new high pressure steam boiler line for the Drycleaner industry. In addition, a new low NOx boiler was designed to meet California’s emission requirements. He has spent years working in the field on commissioning and startup for industrial combustion clients.